Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Payton Grace Cassidy

I started having labor pains on Saturday, at first I just felt a constant cramp in my lower abdomen all day but just thought it was nothing.  Kristi was over here helping me with Payton's room and when she left I stood up and felt a real contraction.  I started timing them and they were about 10-15 min apart.  I called Drew and told him to come home from work because I didn't want to be alone.  At first the contractions were no big deal but as the night went on they got much much worse.  I didn't sleep at all, I tried my rocker, I tried the couch, I tried a hot bath, I tried watching several movies but the contractions just kept coming.  At about 6 I woke Drew up and we started packing our bag (nothing like waiting till the last min) about this time I started throwing up :)  so in between contractions and throwing up I managed to get my bag packed and out the door.  We got to the hospital at about 6:45 and they took me straight to the room and didn't have to wait long for the epidural (best thing EVER).  Then Payton Grace Cassidy was born on Sunday June 7, 2009 at 11:31 weighing 7 lbs and 8 oz and 21 inches long.  This was the best day of my whole life, I love this little girl more then I ever could have imagined!  She is so beautiful and such a good baby and I am so happy to have her in our life.  Drew has been an amazing father already and loves to cuddle with her on the couch and watch sports.  This whole process could not have gone better and I just feel so blessed.  Our little P looks so much like me its crazy, here are some pictures after she was just with us a short amount of time.  She gets more beautiful every day (especially after the first day since her swelling went down)  I will post more new pictures in a few days.




Look at all that hair!!!!  I freaking love it :)

7 comments:

Reggan said...

I just love her already!

Jamie said...

you and Drew are such beautiful parents. I love you guys!!!! :)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bugs said...

what a cutie!! congrats. i can't wait to meet her.

Buie Family said...

She is gorgeous Brooke! Welcome to motherhood it's the best. Luckily you had an awesome example growing up! Can I tell you I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Payton? We were going to name Porter that if he was a girl.

THE HAGES said...

Brooke, Congrats! I am so happy for you. Little girls are the best. Boys are fun too but girls just have that bond! She is beautiful!

The Domina's said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful, indeed. Good job ;)